Welcome to Year 3
Welcome to Pelicans and Parrots!
The class teacher in the Parrots is Miss Weston
The class teacher in the Pelicans is Miss Miller
Term 1 begins with a wonderful introduction to our famous city, Bristol. In this term, we enjoy looking into the vibrant culture and history of Bristol. Early on we go on a magnificent trip to the docks where we enjoy a bite of lunch in Millennium Square followed by a spot of sketching at Clifton Observatory. As part of this amazing topic, we:
- learn all about our city of Bristol, what makes it special and where it is in the country
- rewrite the myth of the Bristol giants, Gorom and Ghyston
- research and create an information leaflet all about the sights of Bristol
- produce sketches of the magnificent Clifton Suspension Bridge
- explore Brunel's SS Great Britain.
We are incredibly lucky to have the wonderful opportunity of visiting the Bristol Gymnastics Centre once a week this term. Here, we have the opportunity to improve our gymnastic skills using equipment like: the beam, spring board and foam pit.