Welcome to Year 3
Welcome to Pelicans and Parrots!
The class teacher in the Pelicans is Miss Foster
The class teacher in the Parrots is Mr MacDonald
Support: Mrs Wootten, Ms Nicholas, Miss Williams, Mrs Puddy and Miss Templeman
Term 1 begins with a wonderful introduction to our famous city, Bristol. In this term, we enjoy looking into the vibrant culture and history of Bristol. As part of this amazing topic, we:
- learn all about our city of Bristol, what makes it special and where it is in the country
- Read the myth of the Bristol giants, Goram and Ghyston
- explore Brunel's SS Great Britain.
- Learn about the different people who played a part in Bristol's vibrant history- including the namesakes of our school Houses.
In Maths, we will be exploring Place Value and consolidating our 2, 5 and 10 times tables.
In P.E. we will be perfecting our Athletics skills.
In PHSE we will follow the Jigsaw topic of 'Being Me in My World'.
- This term P.E. will be on a Monday and Thursday. Children will need full kit (appropriate for outside conditions) on these days.
- All children should have their own named bottle for water. They will have regular opportunities to refill it during the day.
- At break times, we no longer provide fruit in the Juniors. Children may bring their own healthy snack for break time if they wish.
- To avoid congestion at drop-off and pick-up, each year group now has a dedicated email address. We will endeavour to respond to your messages as soon as we can, although this may take up to 3 working days. Email us at Year3@stpeterscofeprimary.co.uk